Architectural Alterations by the Arnolds During Nicholas Arnold's lifetime and his son John, several alterations and embellishments were made to the house, in addition to the building of the stables. Principal amongst these was the building of the Southern Annexe in about 1673, which contains the magnificent staircase made of yew wood.
In addition a central doorway was introduced into the Hall in place of a previous side entry via a screened passage. Long mullioned windows with drip-stones, replaced the square Tudor ones on the North Front, all changes reflecting architectural trends at that time. As a consequence of the changes to the Great Hall, the space ceased to be the communal living space it had been, a typical development during this period.
Into the present day
Llanvihangel Court Llanvihangel Court has had numerous owners of the years, from Victorians who added eccentric add-ons such as Egyptian Rooms, to later owners such as the Bennetts who athe turn of the 20th Century restored the house to its Tudor appearance.
There is of course much history beside the above and you can visit the house and gardens for a guided tour in the dates outlined on the Visiting page.